Education & Skills
B. Computer Science University of Waterloo
I am a 2011 graduate of the University of Waterloo(Canada’s equivalent of MIT), “One of the world’s best technology schools” – NY Times. As a co-op student I had a variety of four-month work-terms at major companies and institutions. Below you will find a brief summary of recent and relevant courses, please contact me for a complete transcript.
My wide breadth of knowledge and ability to communicate effectively, develop quickly, and design well makes me an excellent candidate for positions involving rapid prototyping.
Back End: PHP, MySQL, a little Ruby and Node.js
Mapping: Google Maps API, Leaflet.js, offline map tiling.
APIs: Twitter API, Facebook API, a little PayPal
App Development: Android, PhoneGap, Windows Phone, Windows 8, a little Blackberry.
Game Development: XNA (Xbox360 dev), Construct2
Others (not used recently): C, C++, Flash/Action Script, Scheme and Visual Basic
Tools: Photoshop, Git, WordPress, Perforce, Trakker, DevCon
Dev. Environments: MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, UNIX command line compiling and scripting
Judges Choice and People’s Choice, Apps4Ottawa, March 2013
100 Rising Stars CEO, Invest Ottawa, November 2012
1st Youth Social Enterprise Pitch Competition,Community & Corporate Social Responsibility Conference, November 2012
Startup Weekend Winner,Startup Weekend, April 2012
Dean’s List, University of Waterloo, 2010 and 2011
Merit Scholarship Entrance scholarship, University of Waterloo, 2006 The Merit Scholarship is awarded to students whose entrance mark is 85% to 90%
Academic Achievement Award High-school award, Lisgar Collegiate Institute, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 Awarded to students whose total average is above 80%
Honours Bachelor of Computer Science – Co-op, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, September 2006 – August 2011 Dean’s List
Ontario Secondary School Diploma, Gifted Program, Lisgar Collegiate Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, 2006
3rd & 4th year Computer Science Courses:
- Artificial Intelligence, 97
- Human Computer Interactions, 90
- Computer Security and Privacy, 93
- User Interface Design, 91
- App Development 91
- Networking, 92
- Statistics, 85
- Operating Systems 88
- Principles of Entrepreneurship, 93
- Intro Social Entrepreneurship, 94
- Government and Business, 87
- Macroeconomics, 85
- Microeconomics, 88
- Communications in Math and Computer Science, 87
- Law and Ethics, 95
Volunteer and community involvement
Launch Some Good Organizer and MC, Ottawa, Canada (August, 2013)
- Lead a team to run Ottawa’s first weekend jam focused on creating social enterprises over a 54 hour period. The event sold out, and received print and digital media coverage across Ottawa.
SIFE Judge, Ottawa, Canada (May 2012)
- Guest judge for a high-school business pitch competition on social entrepreneurship.
Food server Lentils As Anything, Melbourne, Australia (Feb/2010 – April/2010)
- Volunteered at a local not for profit restaurant that doubled as a soup kitchen
Basketball Waterloo, Ontario, (2006 – present)
- Volunteer coach for 6-7yr old basketball team in Seattle. (2011)
- Played on the senior basketball team for my high school
- Captain of an intramural basketball team at the University of Waterloo
Leader and Mentor Graphic Arts Club, Ottawa, Ontario, (Sept/2002 – June/2006)
- Organized and ran weekly meetings for the club
- Created unique end of term projects for the club, and managed different member’s roles
- Ran lessons teaching students how to use the 3D software
Grew up in Washington DC, Nepal, and Southern Africa; attending the British Primary School in Kathmandu, Nepal and Bishop McKenzie International School, an internationally-recognized International Baccalaureate school, in Malawi, Southern Africa.